Get Workers to Join in on Bike to Work Day
We need you…to show your support for Bike to Work Day at your worksite. Some ideas:
- Hold an event,whether a raffle, contest, group ride or greeting cyclists as they arrive with snacks and applause.
- Promote Bike to Work Day through email announcements and forwarding links to the online pledge forms and prize drawings.
- Suggest a transit/bike mix as an alternative to biking all the way to open up cycling to more workers.
- Recruit your current riders to serve as ambassadors and/or bike buddies to ride alongside more inexperienced bike commuters.
- Help employees find safe, flat bike routes. (Don’t know how? Suggest MapMyRide.com or the bike feature on Google maps or in Ventura County, download the bikeways app at goventura.org).
- Make sure bicyclists are included in any rideshare perks your worksite offers—and/or sign up for incentives from your county rideshare agencies.
- Provide riders with a place to wash up and stow bikes at the office.